- Hans (b. 1955), Doctor of Medical Science and professor
in Comparative Functional Genomics at the faculty of Medicine and
Pharmacy at the University of Uppsala.
- Elisabeth (b. 1959) Doctor of Medicine, associate professor and chief physician in neurosurgery at the Uppsala University Hospital and
Mats Engström (b. 1958) Doctor of Medicine and chief physician
in ear- , neck- and nose diseases at the Uppsala University Hospital.
Mats and Elisabeth have the sons.
Mats and Elisabeth separated 2002. Elisabeth then married to Tim Howells
- Jonas (b. 1986) Student of medical training at the University of Uppsala
- Olle (b. 1987) Student of medical training at the University of Uppsala
- Erik (b. 1965) Doctor of Philosophy and senior Research Chemist at Akzo Nobel. Erik is married to Marta
(b. 1965) Doctor of Philosophy in history of literature at the
University of Uppsala amd she is in gender research. Erik and Marta
have the daughter